Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- 'Rent-vesting' not all it's cracked up to be
It’s often touted as the best of both worlds, allowing you to live where you want in a rental property, while someone else pays off the mortgage on your…
- How house prices and botched council amalgamations are driving racial segrgation
SYDNEY is being locked into a future of ethnic ghettos because of the state government’s botched council amalgamations and expensive housing.
- Childcare subsidy windfall coming to thousands of Queensland parents
TENS of thousands of Queenslanders will win an annual childcare subsidy up to the size of one-and-a-half monthly mortgage repayments or about…
- Melbourne’s most tightly held suburbs, where next to nothing is listed for sale
Think of Melbournes exclusive suburbs where you practically need a key to get into the property market, and Toorak, Camberwell and Malvern probably spring to mind.
ButMelbournes most tightly-held suburbs are more likely to be found in the outer to middle ring of the city, about 20 to 30 kilometres from the CBD.
Noble Park North, Clarinda, Aspendale Gardens, Yallambie and Taylors Lakes were the five most tightly-held suburbs, with less than …
- ‘This needs a lot of money’: Builders buy unliveable Fitzroy terrace
Builders and tradies were the only buyers brave enough to stick their hands into the air at the auction of an unliveable terrace in the heart of Fitzroy North.
There was very little, if anything, that was salvageable in the derelict two-storey building, held in the one family for six decades.
Marketed as a blank canvas, listing agent Lee Muddle, of <a href="https://www.domain.com.au/rea…
- Developer's 'deferred second mortgage' model getting people out of public housing
The other 37 per cent is set aside as a deferred second mortgage. … person’s mentality” and never thought home ownership was an achievable goal.