Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Real estate director in hot water over renting 21 properties to drug trafficker
A real estate agency director is in hot water after renting out 21 houses in Melbournes south east to a man who used the properties as marijuana crop houses.
Five of the houses were damaged in police raids and the tenant was later convicted with cultivating and trafficking a commercial quantity of cannabis with a street value of $3 million.
The scandal has thrown the spotlight onVassilios Bill Kaimakamis, the director of Bill Kaye Co Pty Ltd. The…
- Brisbane’s narrowest block? Building a house with only a three-metre street frontage
On a piece of land no wider than the length of a sedan, Axcis Build is chalking up one of itsmost challenging builds yet.
If this block of land looks ridiculously small, thats because it is. At only three metres wide, its the smallest frontage that the Brisbane construction firm has ever worked with andwhile Spring Hill may be known for its small lot housing, this property gives new meaning to the concept of small lot housing.
The house, a …
- Buyer beware: Why you shouldn’t expect to bag a bargain when a property is passed in
When a property fails to sell at auction, dont automatically expect a bargain. Property buyers should be aware they might be asked to pay an acceptable price thats often higher than the reserve in cases where a house or apartment is passed in, revealsa leading real estate agent….
- The bad marriage that risks pushing up house prices
NSW has a relationship problem and it’s not one that is going to resolve itself through therapy, long walks on the beach or candle-lit dinners.
- Online mortgage marketplace HashChing joins with Titlexchange
Online mortgage marketplace HashChing has partnered with the … their home loan payments by switching to an alternative lender, Mr Narang said.
- BoQ lifts interest-only loans, blames regulatory moves
… slugs an extra 40 basis points on interest-only home loans and mortgage-linked lines of credit. The flip side is rates are reducing by 10 basis points for principal and interest lending on a heavily promoted home-loan product.
- Last-minute Lotto ticket purchase pays off for lucky Canberra couple
A last-minute decision to buy a lottery ticket has won a Canberra couple enough cash to pay off their mortgage after they took home half a million…
- Variable rate demand back on the rise
New research has found consumer demand for variable mortgages is increasing, driven by interest rate cuts across the sector