Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- VIDEO: Claimed 'world-first' online home loan from South Australian fintech firm
A South Australian fintech firm given a $900,000 govt grant says its ‘world-first’ online home loan brings the approval process down from 22 days to 22…
- Australians borrowing from bank to make their homes greener
An increasing number of Australians are so intent on cutting their power bills, theyre taking out personal loans of around $13,000 to make their homes more energy efficient.
Data from peer-to-peer lender RateSetter shows almost one in five (18 per cent) of their personal loan customers are fighting back against rising electricity and gas bills by taking out home improvement loans for green renovations. The average loan is $13,320.
RateSetter CEO Daniel Foggo says while it…
- Why Mount Martha is Melbourne’s answer to Byron Bay
Just like fibreglass shacks, and locals who ask: how you going? and mean it, theres something disarming about a dirt road in suburbia. Beachside Mount Martha has got plenty of them. They spread inland from the Esplanade, kept shaded by Coast Banksia and Tea-Tree….
- Sydney ‘doesn’t stack up’ without high salary: Melbourne tempts new residents
Sydney could lose its crown as the biggest city by population to Melbourne if trends continue. But it wouldnt just be smaller, but potentially older as the pool of young talent grows in Melbourne….
- Owner-occupiers are propping up the market
Because of this offsetting effect, the dent in mortgage lending might … the Coalition government had achieved a safe landing for house prices by…
- Tasmanian homeowners get to work on renovations
The HIA also revealed Tasmania is second in Australia for home loan lending for the year to May. Tasmania experienced an 8.1 per cent growth,…
- Property investor lending falls after new regulations
THE value of loans offered to property investors continues to fall as regulatory … Authority capped interest-only mortgage lending in the last week of March, … Home loan approval numbers bounced back in May, rising 1 per cent after…
- Fintech launches with 22-minute home loan
The industry newcomer is pushing the idea of an instant home loan approval process without the need for a mortgage broker
- Pressure points increase risk for LMI provider
Australias largest provider of lenders mortgage insurance faces problematic market conditions, analysts have said