Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- What’s in the box? Grand Designs’ Clovelly house is for sale in Sydney
If youre a fan of the television series Grand Designs, 53 Knox Street in Clovellymay look familiar. It featured on the program in 2010, and was aptly described as a unique, impeccably put together contemporary space….
- Price growth expectations for east coast markets decline
After five years of skyrocketing house prices in Sydney and Melbourne, … which has targeted property investors, as having a negative impact on the…
- The Design Files: Why Natasha Morgan is living the dream in Spargo Creek
Who: Landscape architect Natasha Morganand her children Saffron and Oliver.
Where: Spargo Creek, Victoria
What: Renovated post office.
Landscape architect Natasha Morgan had dreamt about owning a place in the country since her early days at university, but it took eight years of passive looking before she took the plunge.
Plans to find a weekender were …
- Want to get that rental? This is what your landlord needs you to know
Unless youre lucky enough to buy a home straight out of university (thanks, Mum and Dad!), youll probably be living in a rental for at least a few years. And that means dealing with a landlord.
In a tight housing market, renting a property becomes a competitive exercise and landlords are in a position to be choosy about whom they want as a tenant.
If youre renting, the landlord calls the shots on your living situation right now. But most property owners are …
- NAB rejects Victorian Liberal Party's bid to increase mortgage on Melbourne CBD headquarters
In February last year, the party was forced to mortgage the building, reportedly worth about $20 million, in order to borrow $2 million to pay staff wages…
- BoQ, Bendigo pricing on standard-variable loans in spotlight
In a statement, 190-branch BoQ argued it held more capital on home loans than major banks and mortgage pricing incorporated factors such as…