Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Bassike designer Deborah Sams to make a move in Avalon
Bassike fashion designer Deborah Samsis on the move. Roughly two kilometres, as the crow flies….
- Paper trail points to coal boss as buyer of a Balgowlah Heights record-setter
Coalindustry supremo Malcolm MacLennan and his partner Kim Turners names have appeared on the paper trail for a record-setting sale of a trophy home at Forty Baskets Beach in Balgowlah Heights.
This follows an expressions-of-interest campaign that ended in April.
Bound by a confidentiality agreement, agent <a href="https://www.domain.com.au/real-estate-agent/michael-cla…
- Investors say lending restrictions are impacting on property plans
The annual Investor Survey by mortgage broking firm Mortgage Choice … others have modified their pricing by lifting their interest-only home loan rates. … spate of investment lending changes are starting to affect property investors,…
- Consumer sentiment still soft
The outlook for house prices also partially reversed the recent deterioration with Index … With banks raising some mortgage rates and overall confidence soft it is too early to call a recovery in confidence in the housing market.
- Why high house prices will hurt in retirement
Why high house prices will hurt in retirement … Fast forward to 2017 and affordability problems have pushed the home ownership rate down … Australian families are also entering their twilight years with more mortgage debt than…
- Rate rises not necessarily bad: Grattan
Despite predictions of prevalent mortgage stress and a higher cash rate, analysts say this may not all be doom and gloom
- House price growth predictions fall to 0.6%
The property sector has experienced a drop in sentiment with expectations softening all across the country