Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- "Poised" non-bank appoints mortgage head
The former Future Financial and Better Choice Home Loans COO is in a new role
- Green Melbourne developments like Milieu and The Commons see rise in resale values
The Commons in Brunswick is being touted as one of Australias leading ethical and environmentally friendly residential buildings. With its unique design, rooftop veggie patch and communal beehive, the building has been known to buck a trend or two including one that is seeing its sustainable, off-the-plan apartments sell for a profit.
Previous trends in inner-city Melbourne had shown off-the-plan apartments were reselling at a loss.
In fact, research by BIS Oxford…
- Why the Reserve Bank is happy to see Sydney, Melbourne house prices edge lower
Why the Reserve Bank is happy to see Sydney, Melbourne house prices edge … And that’s to do with the close link between Australian house prices and … rivals in nudging mortgage rates higher to reflect the rise in funding costs.
- Mortgage costs on the rise as out-of-cycle rate hikes start to bite
Borrowers with a mortgage of a million dollars are forking out an additional $715 a year, or about $60 a month, as out-of-cycle rate hikes by all but…
- Why it may be wise to switch to a fixed rate now
Borrowers should take advantage of the low-interest rate environment