Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Start-ups YouCamp, Shacky and Unyoked welcome country folk into shared economy
Locked out of big city sharing economy schemes like Uberand Airtasker, people in the country are now finding alternative ways of cashing in on their assets.
Theyve begun opening up vacant land tostart-ups like YouCamp, Shacky, Unyoked and the Tiny House Movement, and increasingly exploring other avenues like letting land for solar farms, parking lots and outdoor advertising.
Among them are cattle farmers Katrina Wood and Stu Haw, who have put their farm near T…
- Melbourne apartments: Size isn’t always everything, as these clever small designs show
Architect Ben Edwards, adept at making super small studio apartments liveable and luxurious, was walking past a block of inner Melbourne flats when he saw an attached storage unit.
It got me thinking: What could I do with that to make that into a little apartment?’
This is what tends to happen in the mind of someone who has made putting big ideas into small spaces one of the specialties of his Studio-edwards practise.
- Whole Italian valley for sale for the price of a house in Sydney or Melbourne
Sydney house prices: Whole Italian valley on sale for the pr… 47Readers. Tony Abbott vs. Liberal Party: Former PM launches fresh atta… 22Readers.
- Espresso martinis a popular but expensive round of drinks
Sharing a house is a lot cheaper than a mortgage anyway. … by the rapid increase in house prices, particularly in Sydney and Melbourne, which has…
- With interest rates tipped to soar, is now the time to fix your mortgage?
History shows borrowers are late to the party on fixed rates, often fixing their home loan when rates are moving upwards, said Mozo director Kirsty…
- Pay rise or rate rise — careful what you wish for
Only one-in-three adult Australians actually has a home loan for buying the house or apartment they live in and … more income on their savings, or to see the rise and rise of house prices slow to allow them to get into the market.
- ‘Magical’ Bowen Hills home held by family for more than 90 years for sale
WhenAlexander Burrows builtgrand Queenslander Rangeviewon an elevated Bowen Hillsblockin 1925 for his wife to be, he probably didnt imagine his great-great-grandchildren running around in the backyard….