Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Grand Terara estate with celebrity links on the market for $7 million-plus
- Apartment of the week: Take the floor in a 19th-century ballroom conversion
This charming sandstone home in Hunters Hilloffers the opportunity to inhabit the past or the present by simply turning around on the spot. It was originally the ballroom of Llanthony, a grand Victorian mansion built in the 1880s and named after a 12th-century Welsh abbey….
- Nerida Hicks
If they were married and had children and maybe a mortgage, concentrate on paying off the mortgage, get that under control and build wealth there.
- What happened to Turnbull Government's first home super saver scheme?
Despite signs that the housing market is beginning to cool with a decline in mortgage applications and the number of homes up for auction in many cities including Sydney and Melbourne house prices still rose in those cities…
- Malcolm Turnbull warns borrowers of interest rate rises
… then moved to place limits on lending to property investors (read speculators) and has now belatedly clamped down on interest-only loans that allow…
- Tribunal bans broker from credit activity
The Administrative Appeals Tribunal has banned a Queensland-based mortgage broker from providing financial services
- To break monopoly, many smaller lenders could become banks
The proposed change could break the Big Fours monopoly over the mortgage market and help families get cheaper home loan rates