Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Ginia Rinehart buys Bondi Beach penthouse for $15 million
Ginia Rinehart and her husband Simon Robinson are set to join the hipsters of Bondi Beach thanks tothe recent off-market sale of a penthouse in the Bondi Pacific for about $15 million….
- House prices surge in Eurobodalla: Domain report
Eurobodalla, Canberra’s favourite seaside holiday spot, has experienced a surge in house prices, according to the latest Domain Group data.
- Non-bank lenders moving into the spotlight
… development approval costs, but we lent him $12 million, being secured via a first mortgage over the development site and a second mortgage over…
- Cash trap for housing as GFC lessons 'unheeded by banks'
… financial stability because home loan customers could not quickly funnel cash out of other investments, economists say. … banks had proven unquestionably strong in stress-test scenarios where house prices … cent of all mortgage products was an example of heightened competition in banking…
- Housing debt a 'risk' but prices not destined to crash, says RBA
High household debt levels are a “vulnerablity’ but house prices are not necessarily headed fore crash, says Assistant Governor of the Reserve Bank,…
- Mortgage applications drop in second quarter
This marks the beginning of a downward trend, says Equifax executive