Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- The Mona Effect: Hobart becomes Australia's hottest market after rapid price surge
In the past 12 months Hobart house prices grew faster than every other capital city in Australia up 15.2 per cent, data from Domain State of the…
- Data reveals how much NSW buyers are borrowing to buy a home
Home loans have reached record highs in recent years, a clear reflection of buyers keeping pace with market strength and historically low rates.
A suite of measures has been implemented to contain excessively high levels of lending, with regulators enforcing tougher lending standards, banks moving interest rates higher and adopting a tougher stance when assessing borrower income.
The latest housing finance information from the Australian Bureau of Statistics reveals that non fir…
- The Mona Effect: Hobart becomes Australia’s hottest market after rapid price surge
Most mainlanders are more likely to associate Hobart with Mona than its real estate market, but the latest data shows were no longer just holidaying in Tasmania, were buying there.
In the past 12 months Hobart house prices grew faster than every other capital city in Australia up 15.2 per cent, data from Domain State of the Market report shows.
For the first t…
- Sky rail bridge plan convinces Carrum couple to sell dream home
With sky rail works just six months away, other homeowners in the bayside suburb have been expressing fears about falling house prices too.
- More Americans are renting than at any time in the last 50 years
Post-recession, this has lifted house prices at a faster rate than wages. … This shows that more people wished their monthly rent payments were going towards a mortgage that would eventually secure full homeownership.
- Andrew Wilson: Canberra house prices booming but unit prices still falling
The Canberra housing market continues to strengthen and has now clearly emerged as a top performing capital city. Latest Domain data reveals that…