Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- My parents kicked me out of home at 40 … well the stuff I was storing there
My parents kicked me out of home this year.
Clarification: my parents pleaded with me to get rid of the bags and boxes of stuff I had stored at their house in Canberra since I moved out at age 21. Nearly two decades ago.
So much for unconditional love.
When I first left home, book-smart but real-estate dumb, I figured it wouldnt be long before I landed a fabulous job and bought a house of my own. Preferably one with water views, a heated towel rack and the …
- Neighbour sues owners of house from Beyonce’s ‘Halo’ video
It doesnt matter how famous you are no person or property is above the law.
One of Americas most expensive rental homes has been the star of several celebrity projects including the music video for Beyonces song Halo,but its now part of an expensive legal dispute.
The former electrical substation also appears in John Mayers video for his song Who Says, an Esquire photo shoot with Kate Beckinsale, …
- UK fraudster builds six-bedroom mansion in his Mum’s backyard, hides it with green cladding
A businessman in the UKwho had declared bankruptcy has run into troubleafter tellingauthorities that he had less than500 ($A800) worth of possessions and was living in a shed.As it turns out,the shed was in fact a mansion in disguise….
- ING DIRECT introduces record low 3.79% variable rate home loan
Online lender ING DIRECT introduced its lowest ever interest rate on a variable home loan product today, with the Orange Advantage loan now…
- This is what you have to do to be able to afford to invest in property
ALMOST three quarters of property investors are only in the market because they were prepared to make lifestyle sacrifices to become investors.
- We’re making sacrifices, but too many retire with debt
Data shows almost 70% of all property investors are forced to make sacrifices to their lifestyle, while Australians are also increasingly taking property debt into their retirement years
- Non-major announces lowest variable rate ever
A non-major lender has introduced its lowest variable home loan rate ever
- Brisbane broker faces court
A Brisbane-based mortgage broker has faced court on charges of submitting “materially misleading” loan applications
- Non-bank market share surges
Liberty has become one of the countrys biggest home loan lenders, as consumers increasingly turn their backs on the major banks
- Foreign buyer surcharges to have 'onerous' unintended consequences
The decision by the NSW Government to levy additional property taxes on foreign buyers is set to have “onerous” consequences on all property transactions in the state, and is a significant roadblock for electronic conveyancing