Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Sydney’s inner west bears the brunt of the city’s steepest annual drop in house prices
Suburbs in Sydneys inner west have borne the brunt of the citys steepest annual drop in property prices since the Global Financial Crisis.
While Sydneys median house price fell by 4.5 per cent year-on-year, a handful of suburbs in the inner west saw prices decline at double the rate, according to Domain Group data.
Petersham was the worst hit with prices falling 15.2 per cent, the greatest decline for any suburb across Sydney.
Earlwood, Balmain, Annan…
- Owner occupiers dodge credit crunch as property investors feel the squeeze
Property investors are facing a credit crunch as a wave of new restrictions hit prospective borrowers, according to property researcher CoreLogic.
- SA home values climb to historic high
We knew it was a very good suburb to be, and since we’ve been here land prices and house prices have increased we hope that continues, Mrs…
- Treasury releases its thoughts on broker remuneration
Looking at mortgage brokers, Treasury said that brokers, among other things,: … exerting downward pressure on home loan pricing more generally;…
- Most expect house prices to keep falling, but 43 per cent still expect rises
Australians house price expectations have fallen sharply as news surrounding ongoing marketweakness, tighter lending standards, mortgage rate hikes and a royal commission into banks sinks in.
National house prices dropped one per cent in the most recent quarter and have now posted their first negative year since 2012, with the majority of Australians expecting that that wont be reversed in the year ahead.
Expectations toward property slumped 13.6 per cent to …
- ‘Aussie’ John Symond’s good timing on $7.25 million sale of his Elizabeth Bay apartment
Aussie John Symond looks to have just caught the tail end of the property cycle, offloadinghis Elizabeth Bay apartment this week for $7.25 million….