Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Should I renovate before I sell? What you need to know before you start
I get this question all the time, and my definitive answer is maybe. The truth is, its not as black and white as it seems, and it all depends on several factors….
- NAB extends crackdown on interest-only home loans
… their income and only pay interest on their home loan, amid concerns over the growing risks created by rising household indebtedness. … approach that banking sources said was not used by other lenders in the mortgage market.
- NAB takes tougher stand on rejecting risky interest-only loans
About 75 per cent of interest-only loans are issued to property investors, who … providing our customers with the right home loan for their situation, and that … These banks control about 85 per cent of the Australian mortgage market.
- Census makes it official: young Australians are priced out of home market
In fact, rates of fully paid or mortgaged home ownership declined in all … The fact that most of Australia’s mortgage debt is held by high-income,…
- Opinion: Census 2016 data paints picture of the average Rockingham resident
The median weekly household income was $1555. The median monthly mortgage repayments were $1950 and the median weekly rent was $350.
- Out of cycle rate rises to cost brokers
Moves by the banks to increase rates out of step with the RBA will have consequences unless the government acts, says one mortgage guru