Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Brokers can help educated first home buyers
A lender in South Australia has highlighted the opportunities as part of its graduate home loan
- Super funds: Don't be fooled by risky 'cash' products
… see a recent piece in The Australian exposing the practice of classifying asset-backed and mortgage-backed securities, commercial bonds, hybrids,…
- Property price slide eroding five-year wealth effect
The reversal in property wealth is spilling over into the broader economy, hitting retailers, mortgage brokers, architects and real estate agents.
- Just 26 Sydney suburbs where one in four houses sells under the first home buyer stamp duty exemption of $650,000
Despite house prices across Sydney falling since they peaked in mid-2017, its becoming harder for first home buyers to break through at the bottom end of the market.
In July last year the NSW government raised the stamp duty exemption threshold for first home buyers from $550,000 to $650,000, after criticism it wasnt keeping up with the citys house price growth.
At that time there were 45 Sydney suburbs excluding the Blue Mountains and Central Coast …
- Property investors, it will only get worse
Property investors brace yourselves the numbers are rapidly going the … Bank of Queensland’s standard variable rate home loan for investors is now … So you have falling prices, an investment mortgage freeze and an investing … ANZ predicts a top-to-bottom decline in house prices (Sydney and…
- Entry prices for first-home buyers rise across Melbourne, new data shows
It is significantly harder for first-home buyers to break through at the bottom end of the market than it was this time last year, despite house prices across Melbourne coming off their peak.
The state government last July introduced new incentives for first-home buyers that meanno stamp duty is paid on properties purchased at or under $600,000.
At that time, there were 104 suburbs in Greater Melbourne where one in four homes sold for less than $600,000,…
- Can you afford an investment property?
Everything you need to know to determine if you are truly ready to take on property investment
- ‘A phenomenal result’: Geocon development sells in record time prior to launch
Geocons High Society development has sold more than 90 per cent of its stock within three months of it being listed on Allhomes and prior to its official launch tonight at Canberra Casino….