Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Rachel Griffiths bought her first apartment after a Mardi Gras all-nighter
What is your strongest memory of your childhood home?
The manhole in my bedroom I thought a guy lived in it and he wanted to kill me. I could see it open and the eye peeping down.
What do you remember about buying your first home?
I had been to the Mardi Gras all night and went from Bills (a cafe in Sydney) to an auction. I woke up later in the afternoon and said to my friend did I just buy an apartment? I thi…
- Ex-Aussie Home Loans broker admits to loan scam
Aussie Home Loans has been hit with its third mortgage scandal in a year, after a … A CBA spokesman said the bank was confident Aussie Home Loan’s mortgage compliance systems were strong, despite three of its brokers being…
- NZ housing market could pose `real risks'
Explaining the bank’s concerns, Mr Spencer said a severe housing correction – meaning a significant fall in house prices – could pose “real risks” for…
- 9 Income Sources That Will Boost Your Borrowing Power When Assessed Correctly
Whether youre planning to buy your first home or investment property, or just want to upgrade to a larger dwelling, then its essential to maximise your borrowing capacity by fully considering all your income sources.
- Aussie Home Loans broker faces jail for 'The Big Short' style tactics
… home loan applications to Westpac, National Australia Bank and ANZ Banking Group at least 18 times. Sydney-based Aussie Home Loan mortgage…
- Aggregator reports 'pleasing' uplift in non-major market share
Major mortgage aggregator AFG grew its overall loan book by 7% in the 2016 financial year, reporting a big lift in non-major market share
- CBA ups the ante on the mortgage market
After a period of shedding market share, the Commonwealth Bank of Australia finally flexes its muscles and makes itself more competitive in the home loan market.