Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Non-majors continue to take home loan share
Major lenders have seen a steady decline in the number of new loans, according to AFG
- Brokers "doing great job" for non-bank
The government-backed lender helps first time buyers into the property market
- New franchisees positive about joining brokerage
Two mortgage brokers say they trust the team at MoneyQuest to help grow their businesses
- Housing crash unlikely, based on real debt levels
Predictions abound that Australian house prices will collapse, causing a … debt levels (and is explicitly the case with home loan offset accounts).
- UBS warns tighter loan rules may crunch credit
UBS economist George Tharenou said about 30 per cent of outstanding mortgage debt was held by borrowers with debts more than six times their…
- Robin Boyd-deigned Olinda property, Moorabinda, is listed for sale
A piece of Victorias architectural history is set to sell for the first time in nearly a decade.
Moorabinda in Olinda, just outside of the Yarra Valley, was built by renowned Melbourne architect Robin Boyd in 1962 for Joyce Bankin who owned the Coonara Springs restaurant next door.
She was very well-known Mrs Bankin, she was a bit of an icon because she ran the restaurant for 50 years and people used to come back just to see her, current owner Sally Whitford…
- The most popular suburbs in Melbourne for auction sales at the weekend
Melbournes auction market may not be faring as well as is was this time last year, but sales are still strong in certain suburbs across the city.
The weekends clearance rate sat at 59.1 per cent, compared with 70.3 per cent at the same time last year, butup from 49.7 per cent recorded for the public holiday last week, according to Domain Group data.