Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Cities lead fall of property prices
New data from the ABS shows residential property prices fell in March
- Beach breaks and a music mecca: Why Byron Bay is still worth all the hype
On the third weekend in July, 35,000 people will descend on the North Byron Parklands to revel in tunes from the likes of Lorde, Khalid and Kendrick Lamar….
- ANZ forecasts Sydney, Melbourne property prices to fall further
We’ve pushed our interest rate rise expectation back into the second half of 2019 and that’s based on the idea that we see house prices remaining…
- The digital mortgage shift
Brokers and lenders are in a unique position to transform and capitalise on the post approval process. Edward Kerr, business development…
- Celebrities and $77 million estates: The Hamptons, America’s most famous holiday destination
Take a drive around many of Sydney and Melbournes most fashionable suburbs and you might notice a theme emerging. Gabled roof lines, weatherboard exteriors, paintwork in duck-egg blue and soft greys. Australia has embraced Hamptons style with almost religious fervour.
The Hamptons refers to a group of villages and hamlets on the South Fork of Long Island in Suffolk County, New York.
In the late 1800s, wealthy New Yorkers set their sights on what was then predominantly far…
- Channel Nine’s Cameron Williams talks home ownership, learning real estate and family
The sports anchor recalls how heavily a mortgage weighed over his life once hed bought a house.
What is your strongest memory of your childhood home?
My childhood home was a pale blue low-set house made of wood. As I picture it now I can see a football flying high over the roof. It used to amaze the five-year-old me that Dad could kick a ball completely over the house.
What do you recall about buying your first home?
- Will RBA ever raise interest rates?
The central bank seems unsure of what to do next, as rate rises are continually pushed back