Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- WA population falls but mortgages grow
Almost one in 10 Perth households sinks at least 30 per cent of their income into their home loan, a similar rate to Sydney and Melbourne. … WA households had slightly higher incomes, they also had higher mortgage repayments.
- Why the North Queensland property market prospers in winter
As the rest of Australias property market slows down during the cold winter months, North Queensland is literally warming up for the best time of the year….
- 'We built our own home on the disability pension'
Most disabled people have incomes well below the poverty line and only 13 per cent of disability pensioners own their own home or have a mortgage…
- Australians think they’ve ‘made it’ when they have paid off their house, survey finds
When will you know that youve made it? Is it when you own a luxury sports car, a yacht or perhaps have $1 million in savings?
In fact, according to a new survey, many Australians are already on the road to what they believe is success by paying down their mortgage.
About three in four Australians believed being mortgage-free was the most important financial milestone, a finder.com.au surve…
- Census 2016: owning vs renting: balance of fortune never more stark
Soaring house prices have made it more difficult to achieve home ownership. … Conversely, declining mortgage rates mean that the median mortgage…
- Census 2016: mortgage stress burden a way of life
The Dalys live in the mortgage stress capital of Australia and it feels normal to them that more than 30 per cent of their income goes on house…
- Real estate giant acquires majority stake in broking franchise
The group has also entered into a strategic mortgage broking partnership with one of the big four banks
- Wanted: Award-winning brokers and brokerages
With nominations for the industrys leading mortgage awards closing this Friday, submit your entry to stand amongst Australia’s broking greats