Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Tempting the investors back
CoreLogic data published in April confirms investors represent around 51% of new mortgage demand well above the long-run average of 37% and…
- Mortgage market risk hasn't gone away says UBS AM's Harford
Harford was freshly elevated to head of regional markets for North America at Citi on the Friday before US mortgage giants Freddie Mac and Fannie…
- Borrowers who haggle often get an interest rate discount from their lender
HAGGLING with your home loan lender has proven to pay off for most and … Mozo spokeswoman Kirsty Lamont said about 44 per cent of mortgage…
- Teneriffe’s highest home sells for ’12-year record’ of $4.4 million
Brisbanes most expensive suburb has chalked up another record deal, this time for a property off-river that sold under the hammer on Sunday for $4,405,000….
- “Buyers are willing to walk away”: Pushback against vendor quotes at Melbourne auctions
Property buyers kept their cards close to their chest at Melbournes weekend auctions, upping the pressure on sellers.
In many suburbs, there was considerable pushback against vendor quotes for auction properties, with prospective purchasers either making offers well below the published quotes or not bidding at all.
The trend to auction stalemates was reflected in a low 60 per cent clearance rate from 740 auction results reported on Saturday to the Domain Gro…
- ‘The fear of missing out for buyers has gone’: Sydney auction clearance rates continue to nosedive
House hunters pushed back against high asking prices for mid-market properties in many pockets of Sydney on Saturday as the auction clearance rate continued to nosedive.
The Domain Group posted a clearance rate of 55.7 per cent from 336 reported auction results. The result was seven percentage points down on the 63 per cent preliminary clearance rate reported on the weekend of May 26 and 27, a figure that was subsequently revised down to 56.5 per cent.
The fear of missing…