Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Historic Victorian landmark that was a bank and a nightclub is up for sale
The AMP building in Sale is back on the market after four years, with the Melbourne-based owner hopeful new life can be breathed back into the historic landmark. …
- New Farm home smashes Brisbane residential auction record
A grand waterfront estate in New Farm has smashed Brisbane residential auction records, selling for a staggering $7.75 million.
Set on a spacious 873-square-metre block at 39 Griffith Street, the property features rare uninterrupted access to the Brisbane River.
More than 100 people piled onto the gorgeous pool deck as eight registered bidders fought it out for a chance to secure the unique h…
- Sydney homes sell prior to auction as market observers warn of reduced buyer pool
Dozens of Sydney homes that were scheduled to go under the hammer at the weekend sold prior to auction as market observers warned of a reduced buyer pool for some houses and apartments.
A sold-prior result means one of two things. One is that intense competition has broken out between motivated buyers anxious to snap up a property before auction day.
The other driving factor behind sold-prior sales which is more prevalent in Sydneys current market is that …
- It's getting harder to pay a mortgage in Western Australia
Households have to set aside a greater part of their income to meet mortgage repayments
- Lender woos first-home buyers with lifestyle rewards
The Virgin Money Reward Me home loan has a two-year fixed rate of 3.68% and offers Velocity Flyer Points
- RBA cut won’t mean lower mortgage rates — UBS analyst
A rate cut is also not expected to boost credit demand