Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Forget Australian house prices, buy a French chateau for less
- ASIC report slams mortgage brokers
The mortgage broking industry is scrambling to explain a scathing review by the corporate watchdog which found commission structures riddled with…
- Mortgage startup eyes industry shake up
A digital mortgage start-up in which Westpac holds a major stake is hoping to shake … “We believe this is a game changer for the home loan market.
- NAB springs mortgage interest rates surprise
National Australia Bank expressed confidence home loan borrowers could withstand higher interest rates after surprising the industry with a fresh…
- NAB to set off wave of interest rate rises
The seven basis point jump in NAB’s standard variable rate is expected to add an extra $13 a month on a $300,000 principal and interest mortgage.
- Major bank changes home loan interest rates
The big four bank has announced changes for its owner-occupier, first home buyers and investor loans
- Third party customers behind greater mortgage risk
The behaviour of borrowers specifically choosing the broker channel has led to a greater sensitivity for future rate increases