Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Whale Beach weekender tops the suburb’s highest sales this year at $8 million
End of dire 18 months for Whale Beach as prestige market heats up
Trump adviser Andrew Liveris opts to keep Whale Beach weekender
- Market View: Is there really a housing bubble crisis in Melbourne?
[[possible pull quote: In the housing market a bubble can form from an extended period of exaggerated house price growth. Like any bubble, its not if but when the bubble will burst.]]
My friends keep talking about a housing bubble: please explain what that means so I can join in the conversation without sounding like a fool.
The current hot topic is whether Melbourne is in the…
- Repulsive and confronting: Is human hair the new it-product?
- Home loan customers are paying interest rates as high as in the seven per cent range
Mortgage Choice chief executive officer John Flavell warned customers who hadn’t reviewed their home loan within the last two years that you could…
- Study shows how 8 per cent of houses can be made more affordable
Suburbs with shared equity schemes have seen an 8 per cent rise in levels of home ownership compared to similar areas in NSW and … same house prices, age profile, proportion of houses to units, unemployment rate, … a private investor takes on 25 per cent of the mortgage and takes that share of the…
- No simple solution for housing affordability
… first home ownership market, Mr Morrison said on Sky News on March 5. … They will increasingly use their super to pay off mortgage debt which…
- Mortgage Choice says non-bank lenders can fill investor funding gaps
Mortgage Choice says non-bank lenders can fill investor funding gaps … Mortgage Choice CEO John Flavell says there is plenty of funding in the market … Regulators have been prompted into action after house prices continued to…
- CBA reaching for 100% ownership of Aussie: AFR
The major bank is said to be in discussions for John Symonds remaining shares within the mortgage franchise
- Mortgage arrears trending upwards nationally
Analysts have predicted a further increase in 30 plus day arrears, putting added pressure on resource-reliant states