Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Rush on enrolments at new Beaumaris Secondary College predicted to create house price bubble
- What happens if your landlord finds out you’re hiding a pet in a rental?
- CBA Tightens Property Investment Lending Standards
… Bank of Australia has tightened lending standards for property investors. … Lenders are continuously reviewing their home loan portfolios. … needs and will also strengthen the high quality mortgage business and ensure that they…
- Another academic fails housing affordability
A house in 2017 that costs nine times the median salary, when mortgage … It’s also unlikely that house prices will increase as they have for previous…
- The Bank of Mum and Dad is just generational self-interest to keep house prices high
But you may need reminding that house prices are an intergenerational …. to help their offspring make it onto the home-ownership merry-go-round.
- Government mismanagement and Australia's ticking time bomb of debt
We have become addicted to a rising property market and to mortgage debt. … the typical growth rate has fallen to well below 10% in recent times, mortgage debt has continued to grow, as house prices have continued to rise.
- Full steam ahead for Chinese despite market restrictions
Tighter capital controls and foreign lending criteria have not deterred Chinese nationals keen on Australian property