Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Living alone: The fastest growing trend that’s outstripping supply
- Banks review still on the table
Mortgage brokers now write about half of all home loans and are … failed to properly assess whether borrowers could meet home-loan repayments.
- RBA to stay on hold but not mortgage rates
So far the banks have been targeting property investors with rate hikes that are out of cycle with the Reserve Bank but sooner or later, as the outlook…
- How to hike mortgage rates for Sydney and drop them for Perth
Sydney house prices have soared 73 per cent in the past five years, ranking it second only to Hong Kong as the world’s least affordable housing…
- Michaelia Cash caught out failing to declare $1.4m investment property
Employment Minister Michaelia Cash did not declare a mortgage on a $1.4 million investment property for almost four months and finally made the…
- Upwards property trends putting economy at risk: OECD
The latest economic summary of Australia warns of the continued surge in house prices and its consequences