Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Darren Palmer shares his top transformation tips for designing on a budget
While Ive worked on many multi-million-dollar projects, one of the things closest to my heart in the design realm is making a silk purse out of a sows ear, figuratively speaking….
- The Design Files: Inside the home of Kabinett owner Melissa Macfarlane
Who: Melissa Macfarlane owner of Kabinett, and Frank Moylan
What: Converted Victorian Cottage.
Where: Kyneton, Victoria
Melissa Macfarlane and Frank Moylan purchased a rundown Victoria-era property in 2014 in Kyneton, and applied all of their combined skills to bring the stunning-but-decrepit home to life. With her knack for sourcing vintage pieces (she runs secondhand store Kabinett in Kyneton) and his architectura…
- Brisbane auctions: The house that Harold lived in until he was 100 years old
If a neighbourhood with close ties and a beautiful sense of community is on your list, theres an auction at Holland Park West this weekend that shouldnt be missed.
Going under the hammer on Saturday at 9am,15 Barton Streetis up for sale for the first time since it was built 65 years ago and Jeanette Tappins newlywed parents moved in.
- Why property values have been declining
Supply is a main driver for Australia’s falling house prices, according to Reserve Bank of Australia Governor Philip Lowe. The country is facing a…
- Architecture student finally sees tiny loan approved for exciting project
… has felt the full sting of the Banking Royal Commission after it took him more than four months to receive approval on a $49,000 home loan.
- The Sydney suburbs bucking the current housing slump
… had likely gone too far in tightening their home loan application processes. … House prices in Camden Park and Camden South increased by 6-8 per … There are obviously fewer people who can get (a mortgage) on properties…