Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Tax breaks score a home run for buyers
The government plans to stop runaway house prices through tax breaks and … over four years by barring property investors from claiming travel expenses and … their rental property cannot claim those costs against their mortgage.
- Federal budget 2017: Banks face new tax, bigger penalties for misconduct
… said the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) would undertake a residential mortgage pricing inquiry for the next year. The ACCC will be able to force the banks to explain any changes to home loan pricing,…
- Federal Budget 2017: Sorry, first-home buyers – this isn’t the budget you were hoping for
There are nine changes made in the Treasury portfolio to help with reducing the pressure on housing affordability and none of them stand out as particularly remarkable.
While numerous budget documents promise a comprehensive housing affordability plan for all Australians it is hardly the budget first-home buyers were hoping for.
Of the new measures, many appear to tackle the demand-side of the housing equation a welcome addition to an otherwis…
- Federal Budget 2017: Retirees given $300,000 incentive to downsize
Federal budget: Foreign buyers hit by vacancy tax, restrictions
Federal budget: First-home buyers get super saver scheme
Retirees holding onto theirfamily hom…
- Brokers beating banks with loan renegotiation
A higher number of clients are using brokers rather than banks to get a better mortgage rate, a new survey has found
- Specialist lender boasts 52% SME surge
Volumes for the lenders leading home loan product for self-employed borrowers have shot up over the past year