Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Which Canberra suburbs have the most negatively geared properties?
Postcodes in Canberras north have the highest number of negatively geared investment properties, Australian Tax Office data has revealed.
More than 46,000 Canberrans own an investment property, and a large proportion of those are negatively geared. During 2016-17 32,922 investors claimed rental losses on their tax in the ACT.
An analysis of the top 10 postcodes in Canberra with the most negatively geared properties over 2016-17 found the p…
- ‘A touch of luxury is always in fashion’: The top tile trends for bathrooms
Heres a piece of trivia you can casually throw into conversation at your next dinner party: we were using tiles to decorate as early as the 13th century BC in Ancient Mesopotamia.
Originally offering insulation via the facade of buildings, tiles moved inside, covering floors, walls and eventually making their way as the water resistant hero of the bathroom. Society has come a long way since but our love for bathroom tiles remains today.
Were seeing tiles tha…
- ‘This is our lifetime house’: Inside the home of Brisbane architect Michael Christensen
In his own home, MichaelChristensen, one of Brisbanes leading architects, has played a radical hand.
In 1997, when newly married, he bought an affordable starter house in Milton and, loving the area, stuck with it for two decades, tweaking the floor plan in small, successive renovations that occurred as money became available.
This is our lifetime house, says the director of m3 Architecture. Weve done it up in tiny…
- HSBC a left-field suitor for Suncorp Bank?
At the end of the day, we believe SUN Bank will add good quality mortgage … Home loan arrears (but not impaired) were up by 2.5% qoq to $357m…
- Treasurer hints costs of mortgages for Australians is at a crossroads
The way mortgage brokers are remunerated is set to change, and it could have a radical impact on the cost of credit in Australia. One of the key…
- Hardworking South Melbourne accountant heads straight back to work after $200000 Lucky …
The hardworking man confessed his windfall would go straight towards paying off his home loan. The thrilled winner, who wishes to remain…
- Is Separation The Way Forward For Suncorp?
-Increase in home loan arrears expected to be short-term … on domestic home lending, as well as increased usage of branch and mortgage brokers.
- Homeownership becomes a distant dream for younger Aussies
Incomes are not growing as fast as house prices do, making it close to impossible to save up for a home
- Regulators Urge Financial Institutions to Plan for LIBOR Transition
Media Release Number 2019-12: The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) has written to the CEOs of several major Australian financial institutions regarding their preparations for the end of LIBOR. This initiative is strongly supported by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) and the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA).