Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Federal election 2019: Will Scott Morrison's first homebuyer plan seal the deal
The remaining up to 15 per cent of their loan would be guaranteed by the government, saving buyers about $10,000 in lenders mortgage insurance. … drivers to bring down house prices and get more first-time buyers into the market.
- How to pay less for your next home without negotiating
Negotiating over the price is one of the most dreaded parts of the home buying process.
As if searching, inspection, sorting out finances, raising a bank loan and ordering reports isnt tough enough, the negotiation with the vendors agent looms over your life at the end like a giant dark stress cloud.
It can be hard for everyone, even for me if Im negotiating for a house of my own, and Ive been an agent for 20 years, says Scott Aggett. &l…
- Last-minute launch goodies a rod for taxpayers' backs Judith Sloan
Forget the need for 20 per cent deposits the taxpayer will fill in the gap and lenders will be let off the requirement to purchase mortgage insurance.
- PM betting the house on $500m first-home plan
The First Home Loan Deposit Scheme will be available from the start of next … buyers and remove the costs of paying lenders mortgage insurance.
- Bulimba record smashed: Owner pockets nearly $1.2 million profit less than 18 months after buying on the riverfront
A three-bedroom post-war home on 1012 square metres of riverfront land at Bulimba has smashed the suburb record, selling for a whopping $5.4 million and earning its owner a cool $1,175,000 profit in less than 18 months.
Property records show the vendor bought the modest timber home at 42 Quay Street, Bulimba, a year and five months ago for $4,225,000.
After gaining p…
- Regional Queensland property: The northern star shining brightest on the Darling Downs
North Toowoomba has been unearthed as one of the past years unsung performers on the Queensland real estate stage.
Domain sales data reveals houses in postcode 4350 recorded a thumping 24 per cent median price jump in 2018.
There were 68 recorded sales of houses and the mid-point sale price if every sale was ordered from highest value to lowest was $372,000.
While eastern seaboard capital city markets Bri…
- Five Bedrooms star Kat Stewart says the show’s theme could be a solution to get into the market
It was an easy for Kat Stewart to say yes to the new Network 10 drama Five Bedrooms.
There is a lot of buzz about the new drama, in which five strangers, who meet at the singles table at a wedding, decide to buy a house in a snap decision.
The show is being compared to Offspring, the huge hit in which Stewart starred as the much-loved Billie Proudman.
<img alt="Five Bedrooms S1 Ep1 Liz (Kat Stewart), Ben (Stephen Peacocke)" src="https://res.ak…
- ANZ slashes fixed rates, catches up with rivals
It now has one of the cheapest home-loan offerings among the big four lenders