Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Doing this one thing could put almost $3000 a year more in your pocket
Shopping around for a better deal on your mortgage could mean more … the last few years it was a good time for owners to review their home loan.
- Escape: A waterfront house for the price of an inner-city terrace
33 Pacific Crescent,Maianbar 4 bed, 3 bath, 6 car Guide: $1.7 million Built 1996 Land 763 square metres Inspect Sat, 1pm-1.30pm Agent Century 21 Beachside, 0414 210 414 Last traded for $300,000 in 1994, land only Maianbar average houseprice $915,625
Port Hacking and the Royal National Park are the playgrounds of choice for the owners of this architect-designed home thatmay have the best north-east faci…
- Buying a house: the value of a backyard
The once-common backyard is so highly sought by home buyers that the land value alone of some blocks now rivals Melbournes median house price.
As subdivision of city blocks becomes more widespread, those looking for an outdoor space for the children to play or to entertain, are faced with soaring prices.
Adina Parkes and her family bought their Caulfield North home 32 years ago after falling in love with the cherry blossom tree in the backyard.The garden evolved as …
- Clayton house scene of grisly ‘vegie patch’ murder for sale
Its listed as the worst house in a highly-sought street, but a Melbourne property is better known to locals as the scene of a bizarre murder….
- Foreign property investors turn lying into an art, lenders say
“This is huge,” said Ken Sayer, chief executive of Mortgage House, a non-bank lender, about the potential size of real estate fraud. Rob Homer.
- Dirty secret that could spark a financial meltdown
NAB is the latest bank to launch an investigation after receiving a tip-off about a mortgage broker involved in a new development in Melbourne’s…
- 5 ways to growth hack your way to mortgage freedom
It’s the early years that hurt the most in any home loan repayment schedule and it demands a disciplined approach. Forget the overseas holidays for…
- Fewer brokers have banking background, new report reveals
Less and less new mortgage brokers are entering the industry through a traditional finance background, according to a new report