Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- The Queensland towns that will remember their decimated house prices on election day
The decimated property markets of Queenslands long-suffering regional towns could be a game-changing issue for locals heading in to the federal election, experts say.
New data from Domain has revealed some of Queenslands most marginal seats Herbert, Flynn, Capricornia and Dawson are also the electorates where house prices have plummeted, with locals reporting losses of up to 50 per cent.
These electorates include towns like Mackay, Gladstone, Rockha…
- First-home buyers could cut years from time to save for home under Scott Morrison’s loan guarantee plan
More than four years could be cut from the time it takes first-home buyer couples to save a house deposit under a policy proposed by the Morrison government, new analysis shows….
- How will Scott Morrison’s loan guarantee plan influence potential first-home buyers?
A pledge to help first-home buyers get a loan with just a 5 per cent deposit has been dubbed desperate and will do little to sway the votes of young people renting in inner-city electorates, political analysts claim….
- Property market could shed $571bn due to climate change
Queensland would likely be the most affected among all the states
- Deposit guarantee risks negative equity: Stephen Koukoulas
The Coalition’s policy to back first home buyers with a deposit guarantee comes as the housing correction continues to bite, with Sydney house prices…
- Prime Minister Scott Morrison unveils election promise allowing first home buyers to purchase …
The First Home Loan Deposit Scheme will reduce the minimum deposit … will also see lenders’ mortgage insurance scrapped for first home buyers,…
- Responsible lending laws could inhibit homebuyer scheme
The government is promising aspiring homeowners on average to low incomes that it will cover mortgage insurance costs if they are only able to…