Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Maastricht, the Netherlands: An underrated city for expat living
- Buying for investment: Are tenanted properties the best buy?
Living on the cutting edge: Brisbanes best contemporary homes
Winners and losers: the suburbs with the best (and the worst) performing apartments
- ANZ announces further crackdowns to home loan lending
MORE; Home loan lenders brace yourself for more rogue interest rates … In a memo issued by the bank to mortgage brokers ANZ today it said it…
- New APRA powers will curb risky lending
Investment loans now account for 36 per cent of loans included in mortgage pools that are bundled up by non-banks and sold to institutional investors.
- Home loans ease, seen dipping further
Home loan approvals fell 0.5 per cent in March but investor loans are … (APRA) in late March capped interest-only mortgage lending, telling lenders to…
- Foreign real estate investment jumps 19%
Despite the rise in foreign property approvals, the effect on capital city housing prices remains modest
- Budget will have little impact on house prices: Moody’s
Other measures announced in the Federal Budget will have negative consequences, the global ratings agency has forecast
- Mortgages to bear the brunt of new bank levy
The federal governments new $6.2bn levy on the big banks will likely lead to further mortgage rate repricing, with investor loans being hardest hit