Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Safe harbour: Why Docklands is weathering the property downturn
Docklands has become a surprising safe harbourside for property buyers as Melbournes cooling market has battered property prices in many inner-city suburbs.
Thesuburb derided over the years as a soulless place to live or a ghost town has seen prices in its apartment-dominated market remain steady, while others, such as neighbouring Melbourne, have had medians fall over the past year in particular.
Between March 2018 and 2019, median …
- Geelong house prices rise as more first-home buyers encouraged into the market
Geelong house prices rise as more first-home buyers encouraged into the … compared to the usual 20 per cent to avoid paying mortgage insurance.
- Potts Point’s historic Darnley Hall penthouse sold for $9.75m
The high-end property spree by well-heeled downsizers prompted another big-ticket sale in Potts Point on Friday afternoon when the Darnley Hall penthouse sold for $9.75 million….
- ASX on slowdown alert as construction and consumer sectors cool James KirbyFollow …
But in recent days, bad news streamed from some of the nation’s biggest employers as the reality of falling house prices and weak consumer…
- Tips for hot markets during the downward cycle
Momentum Wealth’s latest Australian Residential Property Update report revealed that Sydney’s house prices have fallen 13.3 per cent from the…
- Kay & Burton partner Andrew Sahhar: A fan of global architecture
From early exposure to family property developments, then a degree in construction, a career in project management, and a passion for architecture around the world, Andrew Sahhar has been in the property trade in some shape or form for most of his life and hell secure a deal anywhere, anytime. Sahhar became a partner at Kay Burton in December.
Are you from Melbourne?
Yes, I grew up in Stonnington and went to Scotch College for 12 years. I th…