Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- How to turn an existing home into a smart home, even when you’re renting
- How investment ‘potential’ can trap the unwary: Bryce Holdaway
- Record numbers under mortgage stress
Record numbers of Australian households face mortgage stress as large loans and rising interest rates start to bite, according to detailed analysis of…
- Housing slowdown follows 'unsustainable' growth
First, bank lending to property investors in the country’s two biggest markets is … record highs in April, and they expect further slowing in mortgage activity in May. … do not currently point to a more significant softening in house prices.
- I developed a fear of debt at the age of 10
A country move to north-east Victoria further reduced our mortgage and, two years ago, at the age of 35, I was mortgage-free. … bought outright for cash, and home loan repayments are based on worst case scenarios,” Michelle says.
- Time to get out the whacking stick
It’s in the mortgage squeeze, also known by its less offensive name of ‘loan re-pricing’, that the political sting can be found, because a big share of the…
- Mortgage group’s loan settlements up 19%
The nationally recognised franchise has also grown its network of brokers and financial planners by 14% across the past year
- Annual mortgage lending increases by 7.5%
Monthly banking statistics from APRA on major and non-major banks shows strong growth in overall mortgage lending