Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Insider story: How celebrity designers are drawing the buyers
It used to be all about the starchitects. In their quest to lure buyers to off-the-plan apartment projects, developers would enlist acclaimed architects to design the buildings, name-dropping their talented collaborators in marketing materials and roping them into glittering launches.
Now architects are finding themselves sharing the spotlight with another group: celebrity interior designers.
Fashion designer turned interiors doyenne Collette Dinnigan is the latest…
- Could negative gearing changes lead to a recession?
These fears were echoed by veteran mortgage broker, Aussie John … property investors and family home upgraders with record low mortgage funding…
- Quick Hacks: Refinancing Your Home Loan
The Australians are becoming a savvy bunch. In 2016 the mortgage refinance market is expected to grow 30% compared to 2015. Consumer’s…
- Clairsy, Matt & Kymba give Byford resident a mortgage free year
For most of us, Friday’s just can’t get any better but for Byford resident, Courtney, it just did thanks to the phone call this morning from Clairsy, Matt…
- What a typical margin lending client looks like – Margin Lending Part 3
They paid off their mortgage and now they’re using it to say, “I’m going to use it for the kids’ education,” and may not even use it for that. They maybe…
- Payments System Board Update: May 2016 Meeting
At its meeting today, the Payments System Board discussed its Review of Card Payments Regulation. A Conclusions Paper and Final Standards will be published within the next week.
- Brokerage launches real estate arm
A leading mortgage brokerage has unveiled the launch of its own real estate arm
- Broker creates adviser directory and review site
A mortgage broker and digital marketing guru has created an online directory and review site for financial services providers
- Out-of-cycle rate hikes will continue, says aggregator head
A mortgage industry veteran is betting on more out-of-cycle rate hikes after the federal election dust settles
- Apartment over-supply over stated, says property agency
Concerns about the over-supply of new apartments in Australia have been exaggerated, according to a leading online property agency