Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Millennials want to buy houses but can't get mortgages
“The mortgage industry is poised to experience a monumental shift as more millennial homebuyers begin to enter the market,” said Joe Tyrrell,…
- Selling a house in Melbourne: investors stung over trying to pull out of sale
Getting cold feet on the sale of a Richmond house has landed two property investors in legal hot water.
Eng Kiat Tan and Cheng Lo face a legal bill of up to $1 million after a court found they invalidated a contract by telling the real estate agents they were pulling out of the deal and not the vendor, Thomas John Russell, or his solicitor.
In her precedential ruling, Supreme Court judge Joanne Cameron said it was common for homebuyers to assume they should tell an agent if they…
- How street art influences property prices
Could a spray-painted mural, stretched across the street-facing sidewall of your suburban home boost the asking price of your property and increase the market value of your neighbourhood?
According to a new study, issuedby the UKs University of Warwick this week, the answer is yes.
Researchers have investigated whether art influences the price…
- Property market continues solid run in 2016
Buyer demand continues to be supported by mortgage rates that are close to historic lows, as well as high levels of investment demand. Even though…
- LJ Hooker franchise collapse: vendors in fear for their money
Property owners caught up in thecollapse of six MelbourneLJ Hooker officesfacemortgage defaults andserious financial pressures asthe fate of millions collectively owed to themhangs in the balance….
- Interest rate decision: rate cut on the cards to think about locking in your home loan rate
THE Reserve Bank of Australia is strongly tipped to cut the cash rate this month leaving borrowers to decide whether or not they should lock in their…
- Modest rise for Canberra home values: CoreLogic RP report
Canberra recorded a modest growth in home values in April, according to CoreLogic RPs monthly snapshot of of Australian residential property.
The Core Logic RP Data April Home Value Index, published on Monday, showed that Canberra dwelling values rose 1.2 percent over the past month.
It was an improvement on last months 0.8 per cent drop, but it fell short of the combined capital cities average growth of 1.7 per cent.
CoreLogic RP Data research direct…
- Bullish housing data from CoreLogic RP Data a 'big surprise', say experts
The ABS revealed last week that Australia is possibly entering into a deflationary environment and to have house prices booming in this context is…
- Specialised degree subjects essential for broker training, says expert
Dr. Mark Sinclair of Mentor Education believes that, as limited financial advisers, mortgage brokers should only study relevant subjects as part of a degree.