Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Sydney property: Sprinter Matt Shirvington out of the blocks with Mosman home listing
Sprinter-turned-Fox Sports host Matt Shirvington and his wife, author Jessica, are set to make good on the lack of stock on show in Mosman by listing their grand Federation home.
Tim Foote, of Belle Property, declined to reveal the asking price for the four-bedroom home, but records show the couple paid $2.5 million for it in 2008 and have renovated it since.
- News chief Robert Thomson buys in Point Piper
Robert Thomson, the man at the helm of Rupert Murdochs global media empire, and his wife Wang Ping have bought into Point Piper, snapping up an art deco spread on Wolseley Road for just shy of $4.7 million.
Alas for News tabloid troops the purchase is not likely to herald a return to Sydney for the New York-based couple, but rather an investment pad for the media chief.
Exchange on the art deco residence came just two weeks after Thomson was handed a cash bonus of …
- State gives middle income earners a leg-up into home ownership
The owner only pays mortgage on the remaining amount and can buy back the government’s portion in the future. The home is entirely the owners,…
- The trouble with body corporate
There are hundreds of thousands of units and townhouses across Queensland, but surprisingly few people understand how theyre managed.
More people are buying units today because theyre affordable or in superior locations, but many are doing so with little knowledge of what theyre getting into.
Rob Honeycombe, managing director and principal of Bees Nees City Realty, says many buyers are relatively clueless when they sign on the dotted line.
- Housing affordability declines
The report, authored by Moody’s analyst Natsumi Matsuda, found two-income households devote 27.6 per cent of their monthly income to mortgage…
- Why we aren't laughing at your house prices joke, PM
Your quip proves you’re out of touch. Your decision to do nothing about unaffordabilty proves you’re just like Tony Abbott. Malcolm Turnbull.
- Appointments to the Reserve Bank Board
Media Release Number 2016-11: The Governor, Glenn Stevens, warmly welcomes the appointment of Philip Lowe as the next Governor of the Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Moody's: The problem with housing affordability in Australia's capitals may have peaked
… household income spent on mortgage repayments in Sydney, Melbourne, … arguing that any changes could lead to a dramatic fall in house prices.
- MoneyQuest officially launches franchise operation
A challenger mortgage broking group has formally announced the launch of its retail franchise operation
- Federal Budget 'somewhat frightening', says Mortgage Choice chief
The CEO of a major mortgage franchise has labelled the 2016 Federal Budget as somewhat frightening
- First home buyers and mortgagees benefit from recent rate cut
First home buyers and mortgage holders emerged as the winners in the Reserve Banks decision to cut the official cash rates as it made home loans more affordable than ever.
- RBA: Rate cut will ‘increase mortgage affordability for everyone’
The Reserve Bank of Australia calmed fears that the rate cut will further stimulate housing prices, saying that there are little risks to the lowering of the cash rate.