Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- How to buy your first investment property
You can have the lenders mortgage insurance capitalised on the loan. What that means is you don’t have to come up with that extra $5000 or…
- Southern Highlands house prices dip but interest remains high in one of NSW's most popular regions
It’s one of the state’s most popular and picturesque regions, but the Southern Highlands has not been immune from the softening property market.
- Southern Highlands house prices dip but interest remains high in one of NSW’s most popular regions
Its one of the states most popular and picturesque regions, but the Southern Highlands has not been immune from the softening property market….
- BMF Construction managing director Ian Wright set to move into his own South Yarra apartment project
A veteran property developer is set to move into his new luxury apartment project in South Yarra after deciding the mansion next door would be too large for his liking.
BMF Construction managing director Ian Wright has transformed a once Z-shaped site into two separate parcels after snapping it up for about $5.1 million in 2013.
Set back from Punt Road on the newly created Domaine Lane, Mr Wrights painstaking overhaul of the former German consulate has turned it into an e…
- Purplebricks’ closure in Australia shocked its own employees
Agents at online real estate outfit Purplebricks say they were shocked by the companys announcement it would quit the Australian market a move they found out about at the last minute….
- PM lashes out at negative gearing, CGT changes for property investors
Prime Minister Scott Morrison has blasted opposition leader Bill Shorten for his party’s negative gearing and capital gains tax proposals, saying it…
- How fractional property investing can boost a deposit
With the deposit being one of the heaviest one-off payments you will make towards your first home or investment property, an investment expert answers the question: can purchasing fractions of a property, starting with under $100, help you get there quicker?
- Rates remain on hold for the 33rd month, but here's how to get a rate cut
But consumers don’t have to wait for the RBA to save money on their home loan. The downturn in the market is putting pressure on banks’ bottom…
- Negative gearing changes could expose investors to spruikers
No policies are in place to protect property investors from dodgy operators
- APRA urged to ease serviceability buffer for home loans
The interest rate buffer remains a bane for the housing market