Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- How your digital spending habits could affect your chances of getting approved for a home loan
Future home owners will have to think twice about ordering in on a Friday night as banks look to follow customers financial footprint in a bid to better assess their borrowing capacity.
Big changes are afoot in the industry thanks to open banking a yet-to-be-legislated scheme that will allow banks access to consumers financial data at an unprecedented granular level.
With the permission of the customer, th…
- New laws award extra protection to off-the-plan buyers
It looked like it would be a stunning apartment in a fabulous complex, with its own running track, swimming pool and tennis court.
But, when first-home buyer Paul Pierpoint went to inspect the finished unit he bought off the plan, he was shocked.
In place of the glamorous promised facilities was a bare concrete slab, and it turned out the developer hadnt even submitted a DA for the eye-catching enhancements.
Inside the apartment, things were even w…
- What Brisbane houses looked like in the 1970s: Floods and fashion shape a growing city
Brisbanes architecturehas changed drastically in the past 100-plus years. From the early timber and tin cottages, to the war service homes of the 1950s, to the orange brick of the 1970s and the modern masterpieces of today the Queensland capital has carved out its own distinct style of property….
- Mortgage holders observed to have financial literacy problems
A study found low levels of awareness when it comes to key mortgage terms.
- Report claims there's 'no evidence' negative gearing changes will spark 'slump'
Property investors provide housing for 30 per cent of Australians at a time when … election and would help put the Australian dream of home ownership back … that Labor’s reforms would have a ‘modest’ impact on house prices..
- Home loan discounts are still available despite stricter lending conditions
When it comes to the search for a great home loan rate, there are three … By haggling on their mortgage rate, first home buyers could save $60,000…
- Borrowers' 'disturbing' financial literacy revealed
In addition, the financial literacy of mortgage holders declined compared to 2017. … On the other hand, just over half of mortgage holders said they were … The trend was similar for the number of people who know about home loan…