Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Queens Park: the slice of Sydney suburbia that broke away from the big smoke
When author and cultural commentator Mark Roeder moved in to a run-down Federation house on Bondi Junctions southern border in the mid 1980s, he was immediately struck by how secluded the area felt.
The centrepiece of the neighbourhood was Queens Park: a handsome collection of trees and playing fields that seemed to exert a calming influence on the surrounding streets.
- Research shows Australian Millennials will pay more rent for areas with the NBN
Good internet speeds are today as important in the choice of a homes location for Millennial Australians as the availability of electricity and hot water once was to their grandparents, an online property service has found.
Young renters are now willing to pay up to $30 more for an area with fast internet with NBN already connected or about to be connected.
Weve found that fast internet is becoming an ever-more important utility for young people are they wan…
- Wage Disappointment Pushes AUD/NZD Exchange Rate to Four-Week Low
‘The confidence of respondents who hold a mortgage fell by 4.5% … rate of increase in residential house prices and private sector credit extension and…
- Victoria’s holiday home market is booming off the back of wealthy downsizers
Victorias holiday home market has reached new heights because cashed up downsizersare buying multiple properties after selling their family home….
- Sydney house prices to 'plateau, or even subside'
Australia’s most prominent demographer Bernard Salt has predicted a reversal in the fortunes of east and west coast house prices, and said his…
- NAB campaign streamlines broker tools
NAB’s Helping You Accelerate campaign seeks to improve the home loan experience for brokers and their customers by granting them access to…
- ASX falls for fourth straight day; materials stocks lead losses
Australia’s mortgage arrears fell to 1.02 per cent in the third-quarter according to Fitch Ratings, a 15 basis point decrease quarter-on-quarter and…
- What to know about buying a home with other people
Co-ownership can help you buy a much more expensive property, but you need to be aware of what can go wrong