Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Australian House Prices up 7.5% Yearly
Capital city housing prices have risen 0.5 per cent in October, to be up by 7.5 per cent from a year earlier. The figures from property market analysis…
- Why stop at pet bonds for rental properties? We should have child bonds too
Many compassionate and caring tenants who own animals are being vilified by new proposals to introduce pet bonds for rental properties.
But if regulators want to introduce a pet bond, they should consider introducing a child bond as well.
Both pets and children can create damage in rental properties. And in most situations, children do more damage than pets.
For many tenants, and owners for thatmatter, having pets is like living with an extended family. They&n…
- The Melbourne suburbs threatening to break through a $1 million median
As $1 million begins to meanless and less in Melbourne real estate, a fresh batch of postcodes arepoised to make seven-figures thenew suburb standard….
- House prices again high on RBA's agenda
Bank lending to property investors surpassed owner-occupier growth for the first time in more than a year, frustrating regulators’ efforts to ease risks in…
- Sydney homeowners most at risk from rate rise
Analysts consider households paying more than 30 per cent of their income as under mortgage stress. New mortgages originated in Sydney and…
- Why Gen Y should jump in and buy a house now
Many people believe the soaring house prices in Sydney and Melbourne in particular, are in bubble territory, a bubble that’s ready to burst at any time.
- Statement by Philip Lowe, Governor: Monetary Policy Decision
At its meeting today, the Board decided to leave the cash rate unchanged at 1.50 per cent.