Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Victorian state election 2018: Shadow treasurer Michael O’Brien warns on government housing outlook
The Victorian opposition has warned that the Treasurers optimistic outlook on the property market could harm the state budget if the current housing downturn worsens….
- Brisbane auctions: Buyers driven by Christmas deadline out in force this weekend
Brisbane property buyers will be out in force this weekend, driven by the need to seal a deal one month out from Christmas.
More than 115 properties are scheduled to go to auction over Saturday and Sunday and agents say its crunch time for those wanting to settle before the holiday season.
Ray White Ascot agent Damon Warat is marketing a contemporary family home at <a href="https://www.domain.com.au/19-upper-lancaster-road-ascot-qld-4007-2014743563" target="_blank" rel="n…
- Macquarie warning over mortgage broker pay
Changing the commissions paid to mortgage brokers would affect competition in the home loan market, Australia’s largest investment bank has…
- Broker group calls out "deflection"
The aggregator is urging a focus on the customer in the debate around mortgage brokers
- S&P warns on Aussie mortgage bonds
We expect mortgage arrears to remain low in most portfolios, with modest … with mortgage arrears remaining low and ratings performance stable.
- Macquarie CEO warns against scrapping homeloan broker commissions
We just heard that Macquarie is the eighth-largest player in the mortgage market putting it well below the big banks in terms of home lending.
- Broker group slams Royal Commission questioning
The hearing on Monday (19 November) spent a considerable amount of time discussing the way mortgage brokers were paid. Comyn revealed he…