Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Coalition's greatest enemy lies within
… we want new free stuff but hate new taxes, love green power but choke on our electricity bills, complain when house prices go up but despair when…
- 'Unprecedented': Banking royal commission to spur widespread change
Radical reforms to mortgage broker commissions, bank executive pay and boardroom conduct appear likely after this week’s sensational grilling of…
- House prices: Ignore the panic merchants – for now
There is the natural correction to the massive spike that saw house prices soar to ridiculous levels, particularly in parts of Sydney and Melbourne,…
- Sydney sellers and buyers bank on post-auction results as more homes pass in
Sydneys auction clearance rate may be on the decline, but new data shows the number of properties selling after they pass in or are withdrawn from auction is on the rise.
A growing number of sellers and buyers are banking on post-auction results, according to an analysis of sales across the city in September. Despite a slow start to the traditionally hot spring selling season, with a 47.2 per cent clearance rate for the month,about 64 per cent of homes have now sold.
- ‘We had to lower our expectations’: More Melbourne properties selling post-auction
Home buyers and sellers are increasingly haggling over property prices behind closed doors, with new data showing an uptick in post-auction sales across Melbourne.
While the citys monthly clearance rate fell to 51.7 per cent in September, down from 70.1 per cent last September, new sales data collated by Domain shows that of the properties that were passed in at auction, almost 20 per cent went on to sell within two weeks of the failed auction.
We are seeing cleara…
- New house price record for Kedron after property sells for $1.7 million in 11 days
A new house price record has been set for the inner northern suburb of Kedron, after a luxury residence was snapped up for $1.7 million in only 11 days….
- Payments System Board Update: November 2018 Meeting
The Bank has released a media release Payments System Board Update: November 2018 Meeting