Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Drummoyne house defies market trends, rocketing $650,000 above reserve
A contemporary Drummoyne house has defied general market trends, rocketing $650,000 above reserve on Saturday before selling at auction for $5.8 million….
- Stay-at-home 20-somethings could be to blame for keeping big family homes off the market, experts claim
Stay-at-home 20-somethings are keeping big family homes off the market for almost twice as long as 10 years ago, industry watchers claim.
Social trends experts and property agents have cited statistical and anecdotal evidence to make a case for why full-strength Australian adulthood does not start until the age of 29.
As a consequence, multi-generational housing is on the rise and is having a big impact on metropolitan housing markets, including a stock squeeze on four-bedroom h…
- Melbourne’s flattening property market tosses up opportunities to buy in blue-chip areas
Melbournes flattening residential property market is tossing up opportunities to buy at a discount in South Yarra, Brighton, Fitzroy North and other superior suburbs, real estate agents say.
On Saturday, the weekend auction clearance rate was just 43 per cent from 634 reported results. This half-hearted demand for properties is allowing some buyers, who may have originally intended to buy in a secondary or bridesmaid suburb, to instead target blue-chip areas.
- Fierce bidding over family home in Brisbane’s north sets suburb record
Amodern family homein Chermside West had buyers battling it out on Saturday, as five young families placed more than 20 bids in 15 minutes.
Bidding kicked off at $800,000 and quickly jumped to the low $900,000s, before slowing down considerably with small, competitive bids of $1000.
The property was declared on the market at $980,000, and sold fo…
- Here's how to get a bargain home price this holiday season
When offering a price, buyers advocates say it is better to start really low
- Business that could fail in a property crash
House prices are causing a lot of people sleepless nights. The pace of … Mortgage arrears are low and our banks are well capitalised. But a sharp…
- Experts say there's no need to panic — unless you're forced to sell up
We’ve all seen the worrying headlines house prices are falling, with tens of thousands of dollars wiped off the values of homes across the country.
- Borrowers warned of the dangers of interest-only lending
A LARGE portion of property investors and owner occupiers believe interest-only loans are … MORE: Home loan customers urged to pay off more debt.
- Property porn gives glimpse into the Aussie dream of home ownership
Property porn gives glimpse into the Aussie dream of home ownership …. train fares, electricity, gas and council rates and average house prices.