Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- First Home Loan Deposit Scheme not ‘top of mind’ for buyers, experts say
First-home buyers have been left in the dark about a new government scheme meant to help them into the market, property experts say.
In just over a month some first-home buyers will be able to purchase with as little as a 5 per cent deposit, under a housing affordability scheme announced shortly before the federal election.
The First Home Loan D…
- Lack of information on apartment defects leaves whole market on shaky footings
- Customers could flee big banks under open banking: Moody's
Moody’s also found lower barriers to entry are increasing mortgage competition, something that could soon eat into the big four’s market share.
- Reduction in Home Ownership is Now A Key Driver of PropTech in Australia
Reduction in Home Ownership is Now A Key Driver of PropTech in Australia … in which there are fewer owner occupiers and more property investors. … now seen by many as being more desirable than being locked into a mortgage.
- Why now is the perfect time to pay more on your mortgage
With three cuts to the RBA official cash rate so far this year, home loan interest rates have plummeted leaving many Aussies enjoying a lower rate on…
- 3 REITs offering growth and good income
Things are looking good for National Storage with house prices rising again. It benefits from being able to charge more for its units and higher house…