Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- ‘Always something interesting going on’: why Stirling is a perfect place to spend the holiday season
The countdown to the festive season is on but leaving the Christmas shopping to the final days is no big deal in Stirling with the popular monthly markets offering everything from jewellery and jam to kids clothes, cottage plants, collectables and craft….
- Would you buy a former nuclear missile bunker in Arizona? Someone has
Sure, the five-odd hectares of land on the surface could have been of interest but its what underneath that really piqued the interest of potential buyers around the world….
- What happens if you lie on your home loan application?
A growing cohort of borrowers are putting their financial future at risk, with recent research finding more than a third of home buyers lied on their loan application.
A survey byinvestment bank UBS asked903 Australians who had taken out a mortgage in the 2018-19 financial year whether they were completely factual and accurate on their applications.
It found liar loans are on the rise, with 37 p…
- Land sales pick up in Melbourne's outer suburbs
But like much of Australia’s housing market, lower mortgage rates and … Melbourne’s established house prices rose 5.5 per cent over the three months…
- Customer-owned banks grow rapidly in 2019
Compared to a recent analysis of the big four banks by the same institution, the majors grew their mortgage books and deposits by just 1.8% and 2.4%…
- Should you take out a mortgage with a neobank or stick with a major lender?
But is it riskier to take out a home loan with a neobank and are borrowers safer if they stick with an established financial services business?
- Locking in a fixed rate home loan? Your revert rate could be 1.00% higher
For the unaware, a home loan revert rate is the rate you’ll be looking at once … For that reason, they can come as quite a surprise to mortgage holders,…
- NAB tapped for first-home buyer scheme
The bank will be one of the lenders that will provide home loans for successful first-home buyers