Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Last Millers Point properties sell after four years and $608 million in sales
When the hammer fell at the auction of a Millers Point terrace on Saturday it marked the end of an era for the inner-city Sydney suburb.
After four years and more than $600 million in sales, the controversial sell-off of social housing in the suburb came to an end.
The final two heritage-listed terraces to go under the hammer 65 and 69 Lower Fort Street sold for $2.71 million and $3.051 million.
<img alt="65 Lower Fort Street Millers Point" src="https…
- Brisbane auctions: Prestige Paddington pad makes big city views the rule, not the exception
It is not rare for a prestige city property to have a jaw-dropping city view.
But what makes the Aspinall pad in the inner west Brisbane suburb of Paddington stand out is its skyline backdrop virtually follows you around the house.
Cathy and Scott bought the prize, the then-vacant 562-square-metre block at <a href="https://www.do…
- NAB lifts special offer home loan interest rate for new customers
NAB’s Base Variable Rate Home Loan will see its special offer discount interest rate of 3.69% (*comparison rate 3.73%) increase to 3.87%…
- Meet the women who are building their own tiny houses
Pamela Munday, a 74-year-old retiree and full-time carer for husband Eric, 80, became interested in tiny homes after seeing them on the iPad her daughter bought for her. She says that working on her project has brought much joy to her life.
Ive got enough stress in my life this is no stress.
The shell of Mundays tiny house on wheels was already built, but shes been fitting out the interior just the way she wants it with the help of a se…
- NAB cuts new customers' mortgage discount
NAB is cutting the discount it offers new mortgage customers, effectively raising their home loan rate. The lender remains the only one of the big four…
- National Australia Bank cuts discount mortgage rates for new borrowers
NAB announced that it is raising the rate it offers to new borrowers
- NAB hikes rates for new borrowers: how it stacks up to the other big banks
NAB has hiked the Base Variable Rate Home Loan special offer rate to 3.87%, up 18 basis points from 3.69%. … Comparable big bank mortgage rates…