Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Australia’s growing number of lifelong renters at greater risk of poverty in retirement: report
Australias increasing cohort of lifelong renters is at risk of living in poverty in retirement, because the current system is ill-prepared to care for them, a new report warns.
If a retiree owns their own home, theyre in luck; the Grattan Institute report released on Tuesday shows they are likely to live comfortably into retirement, on the pension or with superannuation.
Academics consider Australias retirement system asset-based, and those without a family …
- Interest rates the safest bet today with RBA set to hold for a year
Mortgage broker network 1300HomeLoan managing director John Kolenda said all the … Home loan customers should never be complacent, he said. You should always be looking for the best home loan deal and lenders are…
- RBA holds amid subdued housing performance and soft inflation result
Sydney house prices fell by 6.5 per cent and are now back to 2016 levels. In Melbourne, house prices fell by 3.2 per cent over the year. … have been for some time, although mortgage rates remain low and there is strong competition…
- Reserve Bank leaves official cash rate on hold at Melbourne Cup Day meeting
Lawless indicated cooling house prices and stagnant wage growth would … we are likely to see mortgage rates remain close to their current levels,…
- RBA holds interest rate at historic low of 1.5 per cent
“With the cash rate remaining on hold for the foreseeable future and funding cost pressures easing, we are likely to see mortgage rates remain close to…
- Statement by Philip Lowe, Governor: Monetary Policy Decision
At its meeting today, the Board decided to leave the cash rate unchanged at 1.50 per cent.
- Why borrowers need guidance on home lending shifts
HIA said that it is important to aid borrowers as the housing cycle turns