Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Mortgage Choice Wembley opens Scope Realty
OVER the years many real estate agents have opened their own finance or settlement divisions, but recently one western suburbs mortgage broker…
- Why you shouldn’t follow The Block design trends
Whether you love it or hate it, theres no denying the popularity and influence of Chanel 9s The Block. Even in its twelfth season, the series continues to pull more than a million viewers for many episodes….
- Gen Y investing more than X and Boomers
… toast, with a new survey revealing many have become property investors. … cultural Australian dream around home ownership and investment property is very much seen by many as a good sort of first step towards that,” he said.
- CBA's $2.4bn profit belies sector stress; Ian Narev gets $12.3m
Westpac on Monday revealed similar stress points, with 90-day mortgage arrears in WA more than doubling in the past year to about 130 basis points…
- Gen Y has highest percentage of property investors in its midst, beating Gen X and the Boomers
Gen Y has topped the property investment ladder ahead of Gen X and Baby Boomers, with national figures showing 22 per cent of them own at least…
- First homebuyer mistakes to avoid
The world of property ownership can seem scary for first homebuyers who are often buying purely with emotion.
Yet every homebuyer and investor had to start somewhere and there were many lessons they learned along the way.
Empower Wealths Ben Kingsleysaid first homebuyers often broke the cardinal rule of not sticking to their original budget.
The offer of more money from a lender was usually too tempting for a first-timer to pass up, he said.
- It’s spring and the property market’s blooming
Spring season sees more property settlements and transactions across Australia than any other season
- Non-bank announces out-of-cycle rate cuts
The lender has announced some brand new rate reductions of up to 50 basis points across its range of mortgage products
- Major bank reports rise in loan delinquencies
One of the big fours yearly financial results has reported an increase in the number of mortgages 90 days past due
- CBA: Home ownership trends to disrupt the property market
The bank has revealed new insights into the future of home ownership, listing eight industry changing trends
- Fintech trials three hour loan approval
A mortgage comparison site aims to streamline conditional approvals from what it sees as a needlessly arduous process