Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Banks’ cross-selling “overstated”
Research group Roy Morgan has looked at customer figures
- Fixed rate home loan demand grows
One mortgage group saw a 6% rise in fixed rate products last month
- Brisbane’s best rooftops: Live the NYC apartment life on any budget
After the recent boom in boutique apartment blocks, its no wonder developers are competing for the most opulent rooftops.
From teppanyaki bars to seemingly endless infinity pools, these luxury lounges make the absolute most of the citys sparkly skyline and lush parklands as viewed from tens of storeys up.
And never let it be said that rooftop living is only for the elite! These inner-city gems are priced for the disce…
- Short-term emergency loans make home ownership less likely for vulnerable Australians
Turning to short-term loans to cover emergency expenses puts home ownership even further out of the reach of vulnerable Australians.
Borrowers who are unaware of the impact personal loans can have on their credit scores are facing difficulties applying for a home loan further down the line, experts say.
One in 10 Australians who take out personal loans do so to meet unplanned financial difficulties, research from financial comparison website Finder has shown.
- Calls for fairer reverse mortgage sector intensify
The demand for reverse mortgages is expected to increase as ageing population grows
- Melbourne becomes the worst-performing housing market
The Victorian capital overtook Sydney as the weakest property market
- Property investment intentions crash, prices to follow
The first startling observation is the fall in the number of property investors, including those who hold portfolios of investment properties intending to…
- Demographer reveals the huge changes heading for employees
… the way they can prove their earnings and get a home loan like the current situation requires,” she said. … for Gen Z to place less emphasis on the home ownership dream as they place value on other ways of managing their life.”.
- Why reverse mortgages must change
“Every situation is different,” says Paul Dwyer, chief of Reverse Mortgage … A reverse mortgage borrower can take the funds from the equity in their home … home loan because they do not have sufficient income to service the loan.