Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Record-breaking number of home loans delivered in past quarter
Queenslanders’ average mortgage size was $460,513 Australia’s … are benefitting from the enhanced competition in Australia’s home loan market..
- Food magnate Roy Manassen lists Southern Highlands vineyard property for $10 million
The Southern Highlands vineyard 5th Chapter, owned by food magnate Roy Manassen and his wife Cindy, has hit the market for $10 million….
- Melbourne house rents drop in affluent suburbs including Toorak, Parkville, Mont Albert
Some of Melbournes most expensive suburbs have seen the biggest falls in house rents over the past year, but thats cold comfort for tenants faced with high accommodation costs in less affluent parts of the city.
Suburbs including Toorak,Parkville and Mont Albert saw double-digit falls in asking rent, Domains Rental Report for the September quarter shows.
- Sydney suburb rents drop by up to one-quarter as prices continue to fall
Renters are enjoying some of the best conditions in years, reaping the benefits of Sydneys recent property investment boom, new data shows.
The cost of renting a house or a unit is lower than what it was five years ago in 55 suburbs, data from theDomain Rental Report for the September quarter, released this week, shows.
Prices have dropped by up to one-quarter over the past year, but tenants in search of good properties are still finding it tricky t…
- It doesn't pay to be a loyal customer
The bank suffered heavy losses in mortgage market share and the banker soon lost his job. He has gone on to have a successful career at other…
- Back to basics for property investors
Investing is all about weighing up risk vs reward. And depending on the stage of the cycle, sometimes it pays to go back to the drawing board and…